Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Little Abs

I've never been more excited about having a baby than with this one. For some reason I am more ready, and feel such a strong bond with little Emma already. However, the past few days I've been thinking a lot about the changes that it will have on our family. I realized how much I've enjoyed Abby being my little girl for almost 3 years. I decided I wanted to just share how much I love and enjoy this little ray of sunshine in my life.

Abby is a little fireball, yet so sweet and sensitive. She is so smart for her age, it amazes me. She memorizes books, and lines from movies that not even I can remember. Her favorite quotes right now are from Night at the Museum. (Thanks Dad!) They are funny lines anyways, but to hear her cute little voice rattling them off day and night is so fun! The lines are:

"Wanna dance hot dawg?"
"Do you want the job or not snackshack?"
"Put a lid on it butterscotch!"

Abby is so much fun day in and day out. She L-O-V-E-S playing dress ups, and of course she usually is prancing around in her pink 'princess leotard' that Liberty gave her for her birthday last year. She's always having fun and just giggling with Caitlin. Everything she does just makes me smile. Even her tantrums are so funny! When she gets mad if she gets in trouble (or gets a little swat to the rear)...she tries so hard to get mad and she puts her chin to her chest and throws herself on the floor. I always try to hold back a smile (and so does Caitlin), and then Abby will just bust up in fits of laughter on the floor because she realizes how funny the tantrum looked.

I am so blessed that Heavenly Father has trusted me with my sweet Abs. She is such a perfect part of our little family, and I can't even remember life before she was here.

She is always the one to remind me to pray for every meal, and every other time of the day. And if ANYONE ends a prayer without asking for a special blessing on Grandpa Murphy 'to get better soon'...she makes us all say the prayer again until someone blesses Grandpa Murphy. She has such a sweet spirit, and I love my sweet Abby with every piece of my heart. I am so grateful for every minute of every day that I am blessed with her as my own sweet daughter.

3 comments:

Cashelle said...

That was so sweet. You're such a good mommy.

Andrea said...

Abby is so adorable! I just want to squeeze her!!! :)

Rikki said...

You are blessed. Abby is adorable, I love the baby picture of her in her car seat. That close up one of her in black and white is darling too. She sounds like so much fun!