Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Finals, Dates, & Haircuts

Nate finished finals on Friday, so this week he has a LONG-AWAITED, MUCH-DESERVED break. He puts his heart and soul into his schooling, while keeping us as his 'girls' top on his priority list. He did a great job this semester, although it was one of the most stressful yet. We are now enjoying having him home, as he has already done projects like install a bathtub faucet (onto an old faucet setup...so it was quite the project), organized closets, brought-in and set-up all the baby 'stuff', sanded and stained the headboard he made for our bed, etc... (And he loves doing these projects...so don't think I carry around a horse whip or anything!)
Headin' out on a date with Mom...
Tonight we had our 1st of two 'date nights' with the girls. I took Abby out on a date, and Nate took Caitlin out on a date. We both wanted to do this before Emma comes, so that we could spend some one-on-one time with the girls. Nate and Caitlin ended up at Pancake City, where Caitlin ordered the 8-piece french toast sticks meal (only she innocently demanded 9, not 8 sticks). Abby's choice of dinner was Dairy Queen...and I think she had the alterior motive of getting ice cream when she was done. So she had a plain hot dog, and an ice cream cone after that. Bon appetit, eh? It was fun, and although these days are crawling by while we are anxiously awaiting Emma, I'm soaking up every minute that I can with my girls.
Headin' out on a date with Dad...
The girls and I all got our hair 'trimmed' by a friend in the ward on Friday...and she did a stellar job. It shouldn't be a big deal, but it was Abby's 2nd haircut, and Caitlin's 1st since she was a baby. Although Caitlin only got 2 inches taken off, it was so hard to part with those two inches of sheer blond ringlets. I thought her hair wouldn't curl anymore on the bottom, but it still does. I didn't want to EVER get her haircut (can't they just stay little forever?). But, alas, it was to the point of pulling it up when she had to use the bathroom, so it had to be done. They were good sports about it, so that was nice.

After the trim...
After the trim...
Everything else is going normal around here. They were supposed to induce me on the 27th of this month (at 39 weeks), but at my last appt. over a week ago I was dilated to a 4, so my doc thinks I won't last until then. So we'll see! It could be any day now, so stay tuned....

Oh, and here's a little sneak-peak at Emma. Just an ultrasound from about 30 weeks that my friend scanned in for me on her scanner...

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yay Saysh! Sounds like your ready for Emma to be here. That's cute you guys took the girls on dates. How fun!

Rikki said...

Saysh,
I bet you are so ready for this little one. You are so close to having it. I can't wait to see how cute it is. I hope everything goes well for you. I love that you took the girls on dates before. I think it is such a good idea to make them feel special too. You guys are great parents I can tell.