Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tagged!

First of all, just a little update from the 'homefront'. Things are going well in this freezing place! A few new things happening...Caitlin had her hearing screened at preschool on Monday (as per my pleading), and she failed miserably. Hear eardrums have been flat on and off since last Feb. Last Feb. they sent us to a pediatric ENT in Columbia, and he informed us that she's getting older, and her ears 'should start draining on their own', so he opted to not do tubes. After the past few weeks of her not hearing much, (and her behavior being affected), the ENT today said that she has to get tubes in her ears...tomorrow morning. He thinks that whoever told her to not have them last year was crazy, because she has resorted to lip-reading and such methods to compensate for her lack of hearing. So tomorrow morning bright and early she'll go in to the hospital to have tubes put in.

2nd new 'development'...I was having some stabbing pain around my belly button area yesterday, and the night before. It would come and go, but it was pretty constant. I thought it was round ligament pain, but it hurt so bad, so I broke down and called the OB office. They said they wanted me to go the hospital for a complete OB check, to rule out any problems. Turns out they don't know what the pain is from, probably round ligament pain like we thought. However, they found that I'm already dilated to a 3, and pretty effaced. We are supposed to leave for Disneyland next Wednesday, and we have to wait until they re-check me on Monday to see if we can even go or not. I haven't had the heart to tell the girls we may not be going, because they will be CRUSHED!! So we'll keep y'all posted. Now...on to being 'tagged'....

My friend Cashelle tagged me with some questions...so here goes!

1. Where was I 10 years ago:
Wow...I was 16, in high school, probably getting excited about my first prom. (Which was also my 1st kiss by the way!) I basically did EVERYTHING with my best friend Erica, who was the same height (short!) as I was, so we were considered the midgets connected at the hip. Those were the days, as Brad Paisley says, "I know at 17 it's hard to see past Friday night." The world was so small back then...and I wish I would have realized how fun and free life was at that age!

[Ok, so that's a totally random picture of Caitlin when she was 11 months. I just thought a whole post without pictures is so boring!]

2. 5 Things on my To-Do list:
1. Scrub the bathroom
2. Finish Emma's quilt(s)
3. Go grocery shopping (that's only been on there for about 5 days!!!)
4. Deep clean my bedroom
5. File old papers away
(Pretty boring list, eh?)

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Oh boy...here goes! (By the way, these are snacks I ENJOY...not necessarily indulge in daily ;o)
Donuts, yogurt with granola, Hostess Cupcakes, Slurpees, Clementines, Twizzlers, etc....

4. Bad Habits:
Refer to 'Snacks I Enjoy' above! Also...popping my neck, picking at my cuticles when I'm nervous, pushing the snooze button too many times, etc...

5. If I Suddenly Became a Billionaire:
I would buy Nate's parents a house, and help with recent med. bills (oh yeah...and get rid of that darn Neon and get them a more trusty car!), pay off student loans, buy Nate a shop and all the tools he could ever want, buy a house in Arizona in July, buy a Disney Vacation Club membership, and then of course give a lot to the church, family, and charities. :oD

6. Places I've lived:
Provo, UT; Huntington Beach, CA; Auburn, CA; Midvale, UT; Farmington, UT; Logan, UT; West Jordan, UT; Bountiful, UT; Salt Lake City, UT; Murray, UT; Kirksville, MO.

7. Jobs I've had:
Babysitting, 'Chef' at Lagoon (how's that for glorifying flipping burgers when I was 14?), Secretary at Erica's Dad's work, Secretary at RE/MAX, Apartment Manager, FULL-TIME MOM...THE BUSIEST JOB I'VE HAD!!!

8. Things people don't know about me:
Sheesh..I'm pretty much an open book. I've had my appendix out (emergency...and it ended up not being my appendix that was the problem), I've had warts on my feet before, (ok, I'm digging here...), and I hate cheesecake!

Hope that gave you a little peek into my life. I tag my brother Justin, and Betsy.

2 comments:

Cashelle said...

Saysh! Good luck with Caitlin and the whole baby/Disneyland thing. I would definately get the advice of your Dr., but I was dialated to a three for six weeks with Thomas and was finally induced. So, it might be okay. BUT BE CAREFUL!!

Justo-23 said...

Tag? Should I have been running away? and who may I ask is Betsy?