Friday, January 4, 2008

Such a Sweet Break

Well, what more can I say than this has been such a sweet break! It has been so nice to have Nate home for 2 weeks. I will admit, with the weather being so cold lately, and living in a small town, we have been forced to get a little creative to find fun things to do. Nate spent hours (ok, not that long, but it seemed that long to Caitlin) styling Caitlin's hair like this today. (I think there are a total of 17 braids.)


I must say, I would NEVER have the patience to do that...but she looks pretty darn cute!

We made a little obstacle course for the girls in the living room, and had timed races for QUITE a while. They had fun, in their usual attire: dress-ups. Their favorite dress-ups are leotards. I always have long sleeves, pants, and socks on because I am usually cold. I don't know why they insist on wearing these all day, but sometimes I don't get their clothes on for the day before they change into these. Girls are so much fun...can't wait for little Emma Jo!!!


I thought Caitlin was still asleep for a nap the other day, when I heard something in the living room. I went in to find her all 'fancied-up' for the rest of the day. Can't get enough dressing up!!!

These boots don't look quite as ridiculously big when they are actually on Nate's feet. But this picture makes them look gigantic!

We went to Columbia last Friday, and stayed in a hotel overnight. I had had enough of the near or below freezing weather, overcast skies, and nothing to do in Kirksville. Plus, I wanted to get a couple of maternity things to feel a LITTLE bit better about this extra 'baby weight' I've been packin'. It was SO MUCH FUN, and the girls loved staying at the hotel.


Daddy and the girls in the hotel bed. They have enjoyed every minute of him being home for the break. Now...notice the headboard. Nate's got this weakness for doing projects (kind-of like my Slurpee weakness). He can't be home for more than a day or two without wanting to do a project. Which is GREAT for me! Anyways, seeing this headboard at the hotel, he decided he wanted to make one for our bed. So far this week he has made 2 stools for me, and almost finished the headboard. Ahhh....what a guy! In the cold and all. I'll be posting pics when it's done...don't worry!

I'm sad that Nate has to go back to school on Monday, but I am so grateful for the wonderful break we've had. I can't believe that we only have 12.5 weeks until this baby comes!!! I am so excited, and I love to feel her move all the time. She is so ACTIVE...sometimes I can't concentrate on anything else because she is practicing gymnastics routines for minutes on end. So far we've decided on Emma Jo for her name, but we'll have to see if Nate gives his seal of approval. Kids are so much fun, and I can't wait to meet this little baby girl!!

2 comments:

Justo-23 said...

Ahhhhhhhhh... So dern cute!!!!

Justin (bro.)

P.S. I started a personal blog of my interests!

www.Justo-23.blogspot.com

Scott and Katie said...

What cute pictures! I love abby in the boots! Hilarious.. they do look huge! I can't believe nate braided all of Caitin's hair! so cute. You have darling girls! Can't wait for #3!