Thursday, July 1, 2010

officially 'frocked'

Nate officially started his first day as a Resident today. (Technically 1st years are called interns.) At lunch they had a lunch at the park, and a "Frocking Party" is what they call it. A.K.A. Interns get initiated before they receive their white coats. It went something like this:

That is the residency director with the crazy garb and the googley-eye glasses. You can tell this is going to be a good 'frocking party'.
First they had to divide into teams and see who could cast the fastest. While handcuffed together.

And the cast hardened too fast. So Nate was trying to cut it off. The fun.

Part of the obstacle course. A plate of whip cream and taco lettuce. Yum.

Dizzily running the course...

The end result: A bunch of wet messy residents. They passed though...good job guys. (If you can't tell there were a lot of water balloons and slip'n'slide'n involved.)

This is when they are 'knighted' and receive their white coats. I'm so glad everyone has such a great sense of humor. I'm going to get along great with these people. :o)


The new white coat.
Aww..how cute. And wet. And dirty.
Looks pretty good in it. If I do say so myself.
A fun pool we found in Provo. It's not Val Vista Lakes, but it'll do for now. :o)

Notice in all these pictures how my girls look like they are FREEZING?! It was over 90 degrees...but they're used to a LOT warmer temps to swim.

Here's the start of a few house pics. We'll start with the playroom for today. It's not organized very well yet..but it's WONDERFUL having a place for all the toys.
Katie and her kiddos were in Utah so we played for a day.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO VISIT...it was so fun Katie!

3 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Wow what a fun initiation for Nate. I wish it was that exciting here in Saint Louis! I can't tell you how jealous I am that you are in Utah. I know you miss Arizona because of your friends, but what I would give to be somewhere where I know someone. Lucky you. Love the house.. so far. ;) Maybe I'll see you around since your only 5 min away from my in-laws:)

Scott and Katie said...

SO fun to see you guys! Loved the house, loved the cute girls- loved everything! My kids have still been singing 'Party in the USA" and are requesting that we learn the dance ASAP. Love you guys!

Burton Family said...

is that Ike Rasmussen in these pictures with Dr. N?