Monday, June 21, 2010

"You're Gonna Miss This"

"You're Gonna Miss This"
Trace Adkins

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast...

These are the good times,
So take a good look around
You may not know it now,
But you're gonna miss this

As I sit here tonight missing Arizona so bad it hurts...this song just keeps playing over and over in my head. Arizona (and all that came with it) was my paradise. And I miss it. Terribly. I miss all of my favorite things in Arizona....mostly the friends. And the heat. And the pools. So here are some of the things and people I miss dearly...so very bad. In fact, if we’re being honest here, sometimes I feel like I have a hole in my chest I miss everything so bad. *tears* I do love my new house, being close to family, etc... But I will always cherish and miss fiercely my Arizona paradise....

The bright side is: I don’t feel like I took Arizona for granted. Between the zoo, the pools, the kids clubs, friends, etc… we lived life in AZ to the fullest. And I cherished every day. At the end of every day I would lay in my bed just adoring where we were at. I felt like I wanted to just wrap my arms around my paradise and hold it forever. And knowing deep down, that it would all end too soon. And it did. But for tonight, here are some of the memories, people, and places I love, picture-style….






















7 comments:

Peggy Nielson said...

I am feeling bad for you Saysh. I hope your heart will begin to feel a little better as time goes by.

youngsters said...

sad! we miss you guys too. BUT we are so excited to come up and visit. we love you guys! tell the girls hello and we are patiently waiting to see pictures of caitlin's room (dog & all) :)

Jeni Everett said...

Yay! Katie made the blog! I am sending you the pics of the girls right before the talent show. I know, it only took me several weeks, sorry!

Amberlee said...

You make me want to move to Arizona! I think it's great that you took every opportunity to love and enjoy your 2 years there. too bad you couldn't take a little of that paradise with you to Utah!

The Browns said...

Gosh. You make me feel bad for wanting you to stay here so bad. Didn't realize you actually loved it so much down there.

The Wilkins' said...

Probably a bad time for me to read this post. I woke up sick to my stomach today thinking of the reality of moving. We miss you guys tons! Liberty was just asking about you guys yesterday. I'm glad you loved it so much here though! Guess you'll just have to move back when residency is over :)

Tasha said...

You made my heart sink to my stomach! We miss you guys too! I'm not looking forward to moving again! After reading this, I feel like I better live it up this next year! It made me think of leaving MO & all my friends there! I can so relate to that hole in the chest feeling! I'm not looking forward to it again! Hang in there & we can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!