Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!

Yes, she's one! I can't believe it. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!!! Emma was lucky to have her great grandpa & grandma Murphy, and her great uncle Bob and aunt Pauline here for her birthday. Pauline's birthday was Thursday, but Nate was working. So we had a double party for Pauline and Emma Thursday, and then a party for Emma on Friday when Nate was home.

Emma is such a joy in our lives. I can't even imagine life without her. I can't believe that a year ago I was in a hospital room in Kirksville, Missouri, with a brand new sweet angel from heaven in my arms. Emma has taught me so many things this past year. I have grown in ways I didn't know possible, and I have enjoyed every minute of every day with her in our family. She brightens the room with her sweet spirit and her funny personality. I think with every child I have gained bigger and fuller tear ducts, and deeper emotions. Emma has a way of connecting with people...and I feel like we have connected so strongly. She is so smart and she understands so many things. She cuddles when she can tell I need a little cuddling. She teases and plays peek-a-boo when I need a little smile. And let us not forget the cutest cubby cheeks in all the world! I could kiss on those things all day. Happy 1st Birthday my Emma, you are such an amazing blessing from Heaven! We love you Emma Jo.









5 comments:

Peggy Nielson said...

Happy Birthday darling little Emma. How I remember one year ago too. What a beautiful experience it was to see you so new in the world! I am glad that she had lots of family around to share in the birthday excitement. Love you Emma.

Sara said...

oh she's so cute!!
happy birthday to little emma! :)

Rikki said...

Happy Birthday Emma! I love her cheeks too!

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! She is so cute eating her cake! Looks like it was a FUN party!

Carrie Johnson said...

"Save me a piece of that cake for later!" Happy birthday you cute little chubbabubba!