Thursday, March 11, 2010

go abby go!

So Abby has a cute little bike. And yes it still had training wheels on it. Because taking them off and teaching her to ride a bike would take effort. Energy. Time. I know, I know, I'm lazy. And my laziness was questioned by a sweet 4 year old, that wanted her friend to learn how to ride a bike like she can. Abby's friend was over, and we had a converstaion that went something like this:

Friend: When can Abby take her training wheels off?

Me: (being lazy) Well, I don't know.

Friend: She can learn to ride her bike so fast...I learned in one day. If she just keeps trying she'll learn!

Me: Well, maybe her Daddy can take the training wheels off.

Friend: Why can't you take them off?

Me: (being lazy AGAIN) Because you have to use a lot of tools to take them off.

Friend: Why can't YOU use the tools to take them off?

Okay...so I finally caved. And this is the result.

GO ABBY! How on EARTH do kids learn so fast?!

Her friend was soooo cute. She was holding her bike and walking with her and teaching her how to ride.



Thought this was funny...it's hard work trying to keep up!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Abby! They learn faster than we give them credit for sometimes, don't they?

Peggy Nielson said...

Way to go Abby! Yeah!! And Saysha . . you have quite the power walk! I didn't know your short little legs could stretch so far!

Becki said...

Yay Abby! Logan was soo scared to learn to ride, but I forced him and he loves it now. Don't you love how little kids can make you cave? I don't think you're lazy at all, you're just a busy mom. :)

The Browns said...

Ha I like Emma in the video the best. "ya ya ya ya ya..." Can't wait till my little ones are ready to ride without training wheels. My response will probably be EXACTLY like yours. :-)

youngsters said...

go abby go, is right! saysha you look like you have long legs in that last picture.. lol! Maybe Abby can come show Kalei how to ride her bike without training wheels... cuz yah she is 6 and still has them on. That is definitely called laziness on our part! so sad...

Cashelle said...

This is probably one of my favorite milestones. It is so fun to watch their pride in themselves. Fun, fun.