Thursday, July 16, 2009

She's Done..What A Champ!

1st day with the band.

We would put new stickers on the back every morning to make it a little bit cuter.

Sleeping like a dream.
Last week with the band.All done, and still as cute as ever!
Emma has been such a little trooper the past 2 months with her cranial band. When she got it they hoped that 8 weeks would get her head back in the normal range. It was HOT...and it was a pain a lot of the time (not to mention stinky), but she was such a champ. She never cared if it was on...she slept just like normal. When I would take it off for an hour every day to wash it and to bathe her...she would always bring it back to me to put it back on.

We would get a lot of strange looks, and even more strange comments about her band. I overheard someone walk by and say, "Oh I feel SOOO bad for that baby, that must be MISERABLE to sleep in! It looks so uncomfortable." If only you could have a shirt printed to explain everything....sheesh.

After our trip to Utah, we got back and went in for her checkup, and her measurements. To our surprise...she was DONE! Her head filled in in the spots it needed to, and she was done. After the orthotist told us that, I was so thrilled, but Emma was begging to put it back on. I let her wear it for the last few minutes out to the van, and then I hid it so she wouldn't beg for it anymore. All-in-all it was an experience, and I'm so thankful that she did so well with it.

3 comments:

Amy F said...

You guys are troopers. I saw it in your pictures in NYC... That band has been places, hasn't it??

Oh... and let us know when you want to get together when you are out here! It would be so fun. Michael still talks about your girls.

Rikki said...

She is such a cutie. That's too bad that she had to wear that helmet but she is done yay!

Becki said...

Yay! That sounds so uncomforatable! I'm glad it's all done.