Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Caitlin

I haven't done a tag in a long time...but Rikki tagged me for one that I really think I needed. It's a kiddie tag, and she tagged me to write 5 things about Caitlin. Why did I really need this? It seems like lately I just have a hard time feeling great about my relationship with Caitlin. I try all different ways to be friends with her, and make our relationship go smoothly, but it seems there are always times when she is just completely unhappy with me. I feel like, a lot lately, when I go to bed, I'm always wondering how I could have interacted differently with Caitlin that day to make her realize how much I really love her. It's kind-of been eating away at me recently, so I'm glad that I've had a chance to think of a few things that I really love about Caitlin.

1. Caitlin is my helper in times that I just couldn't make it without her. When Emma was born, I really struggled recovering and with my emotions, and Caitlin truly helped so much with Emma and Abby. She always does things to help me out (even if I don't need help with those things ;o). Today I told her to come get her dress on for church, and I asked why the water was running so long. She told me she was doing the dishes for me, and she'd be done in a minute. And she really did rinse all the dishes for me and stack them on the counter.

2. Caitlin is so smart. She is learning to read so quickly, and she figures things out so fast. One of the other mom's that helps at center time in her class told me this funny story. She said that she had the center all set-up and was explaining to the kids how to accomplish the task. I guess Caitlin looked at her and said, "Well, it might be easier if we just do it this way..." and explained the 'easier' way. The mom said, "Well, she was right. It WAS easier that way, and now I tell everyone that I was shown-up by a 5-year old." I love to see how much she is learning in school...thank goodness for teachers. I could never teach her all that at home!

3. Caitlin has such a tender heart. If Abby ever gets in trouble (oh wait...when Abby gets in trouble all the time ;o) Caitlin always asks me if she can take Abby her 'sippin' corner, or if she can go in the room with Abby, or just anything to ease Abby's 'pain' from being on time-out. Caitlin can always tell if something is bothering me...or if I've been crying, and she always puts her arm around me and just gives me that love that I need.

4. Caitlin LOVES babies. She loves them! She always begs to hold our friends' little Lily. Anytime we are at a playplace, or anything like that, she'll always find the babies crawling around and play with them or help them. She's definitely got a soft spot in her heart for the tiniest of us.

5. Caitlin is just flat-out FUN. She loves to play outside, she loves to play with friends, she loves to play games, she is just such a fun little person to have around. My world wouldn't be complete without my sweet Caitlin, and I am so so grateful to have her in my life. Thanks for the tag Rikks...I really needed this!!!

OH YEAH....and by the way, Emma got her 1st tooth! Well, she cut her 1st tooth Friday, and then Saturday her other bottom one cut through. Craziness! She's not my little baby anymore....

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Caitlin is a VERY sweet girl. She is always drawing pictures or making cards for people. It always makes my day when she makes something for me. She is also a very good friend to my kiddos, and I really do love that little Caitlin.

Amy F said...

Why is it that those we love the most can pull our the most negative emotions along with the most positive?? I've had times like that with Michael, too. Oh... and everyone else in my family!!

You know her greatest attributes and described them so well. The trick is to gloss over the nasty ones, huh??!

We sure were impressed with little Caitlin at Disneyland, and Paul has said several times since what a sweetie she is.

And it is those sweet things that we as moms get to build on, right?? Love ya!

Rikki said...

Thanks! Caitlin is such a cutie. I love that picture of her.

Annie said...

Cute post, Saysh. So, I totally missed out on commenting on the oompa loompa costume. I obviously haven't been keeping up on my blog-stalking! But it made my day to see my little Sayshaloompa in all her glory. Thanks! ;)

Tasha said...

Caitlin is such a sweet & darling little girl. My girls love 7 miss your girls they keep tlaking about moving to AZ with them. take care & just know there are many of us out there who feel this way too!