Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blog THAT

Do things ever happen to you that you think in the back of your mind "I've GOT to put that on my blog!"? Well, here goes my blog THAT for the day. 1st let me give you a little background.

Abby has always been very mature for her age. She started talking very early, and she speaks very well for her age now. After she turned one, she never really ate toys or chewed on things much. She just always wanted to be grown-up like her sister. That being said, what she did today totally was un-Abby-like, but so funny I couldn't help but laugh so hard!

We had gone swimming this morning, and I got Abby and Emma down for naps early. My leg had been hurting all day, and I was exhausted, so I set my alarm to take a 10 minute power nap before I tackled cleaning the house. I had dozed off for one minute, when Abby comes walking in and says, "Mom...there's something up my nose." I looked up there and told her I didn't see anything. She said, "Mom, there REALLY is something up there." So I felt around in her nose with my pinkie, and still felt nothing. Then I put my finger over her other nostril and told her to blow really hard. Shooting out of her nose (so hard it stuck on my other arm) came this:

Ok..so you can't tell from the picture, but this is about in inch long and 1/2 inch wide little sequin-jewel thing! I looked at her in disbelief and said, "Abby, did you PUT this up your nose?" She just stared at me and said, "Yeah." WHAT? So while laying down trying to go to sleep...what in a kids' mind would make them grab a jewel and stick it up their nose...really far too? Sheesh. Kids these days.
I guess I only have one person to blame for this...know of anyone that sticks the end of a fork up his nose? Hmmmm....

(Does this jewel look familiar Jess? It came from that cute pic that Ellie sent the girls...thank you for sending it by the way!!!! They kept the picture in their room and the jewels have long since fallen off and they carry them around like their prize jewels. ;o)

8 comments:

paul said...

it happens more than you think..:) the impressive thing saysha is that you problem-solved at home rather than bringing her to the ER for some poor doc to fish it out of her nose!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Yikes! If Ellie insists on any more fine art gifts for your girls, we promise to keep them jewel-free!

Lindsay said...

HILARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing. What a funny little person!

Rikki said...

I can't believe that happened. YOu are a smart woman for having her blow. Some parents wouldn't have believed their child

Carrie Johnson said...

I don't know of anyone in the Nielson family who sticks things up their nose. Must be a Dunleavy thing...those are the weirdos, I tell ya! Too bad you didn't leave it up there longer to sprout like a cottonseed in a certain nielson's nose. Bunch of freaks anyway...sure glad I'm not like that!

Scott and Katie said...

How funny! I love that Abby! Good thing you didn't have to make a trip to the Dr. office and have him use one of those little tools! That would have been traumitizing! :)

Becki said...

So funny! I'll never forget the night we had the missionaries over for dinner and Lincoln sneezed and shot at least ten peas out his nose. I have no idea why kids do that....but come to think of it, I do remember swallowing a quarter when I was a kid.

Tasha said...

That is crazy, but I've been there before with Brooklyn when she was younger.