Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I wanted to wish my mom a happy Mother's Day...and thank her from the bottom of my heart for everything she's done for me in my life. How can you thank a woman for EVERYTHING she's done for 27 years in your life? Being a mother of 3 now...I have realized how much my mother has done in my life. From countless hours of feeding, diaper changes, singing songs, countless kisses, hugs, smiles, and Family Home Evening lessons...to being there to watch my children when I'm in the hospital again after having a new baby. I owe so much to my mother! I first of all am so grateful that she felt the Spirit and joined the church about 30 years ago. My life would be so different now, and so much more empty if she hadn't joined the church. I am so grateful that she raised us in Righteousness, and taught me that my Savior loves me. That my Savior hears my prayers. I am so grateful that she taught me the joy of having children...and how much joy children can bring into our lives. There's no way to thank you, Mom, for everything you've ever done for me....but THANK YOU for being willing to be my sweet mother. Thank you for staying home and raising us the right way...and for always being there for me. I love you forever Mom, Happy Mother's Day!!

I am also SO GRATEFUL on this Mother's Day for the gift of Motherhood. I am grateful for 3 beautiful healthy girls, and the ultimate joy they bring to me every day of my life. The last 6 weeks have been hard adjusting to the demands of a new baby, with 2 older kids needing their mommy too. But I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I am so lucky and grateful to be able to stay at home and raise these sweet children of our Heavenly Father. The joy of motherhood far exceeds any other joy I've ever experienced, and it is so rewarding. Each of my sweet children hold such a dear and special place in my heart. It is indescribable to think how much I love each of them. I now know the meaning of loving someone so much it hurts. I love these girls so fully, and so deeply, and I am so honored to be their mother!

Caitlin and Mommy
(She was in the NICU at 1st, so I don't have a newborn pic of us together...this will have to suffice!)

Abby and Mommy
Emma and Mommy
Just a side note..I've had a lot of people asking about our move to Arizona. We are moving to the Mesa area at the very end of July. I am flying out with my friend Katie, who is from Mesa, and Emma on the 28th of this month to find a place to live. We most likely will be renting a house, and it will most likely be in the Mesa or Gilbert areas. Then in August Nate will start the 2nd two years of Medical School, which is called rotations. It is 2 years of rotating in all different medical fields...usually for 6-8 weeks at a time. We have loved living in Missouri, and have met and made some of the most amazing friends. We've learned, grown, and enjoyed the beautiful small-town life. We are, however, ready for the move (well...I am at least :oD). It's going to be hard to say goodbye to so many wonderful people, but I am ready for warmer climate, and to be a little closer to family in Utah. So that's the scoop on Arizona for now!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you amazing women out there!!!

2 comments:

Rikki said...

What a nice tribute. You are a great mommy!

My friends are from Mesa. Do you remember Jennifer Ward she lived in D-1. Her blog is on my blog. I also have some friends from Tempe AZ and another friend from Mesa AZ. Everyone I know from there is so cool. I bet you will love it down there and I think there are a lot of members.

Scott and Katie said...

You are such an incredible mom and you've set a great example for me as I've watched you with your girls!