Thursday, May 22, 2008

8 Weeks!


Say hello to this cute little 8-week-old beauty! I can't believe that Emma is already 8 weeks old. However, she is getting so much more fun and more responsive every day. She is now 21.5 inches and 11 lbs 6 oz!!! She's started smiling...and it just melts my heart. Last night she fussed and wanted her binkie every few minutes until 1:45am. She had a hard time sleeping after I fed her through the night. I was exhausted by the time she woke up at 8am to eat. However, I rolled over and looked over the edge of the bassinet and she gave me the most heart-melting wide-eyed smile I've seen so far. How can you be frustrated with the night when you wake up to that sweet face? I tried to catch her on camera smiling...here are my attempts....(as you can see...I never really caught the smile)

So sweet and precious.

Caitlin took this picture, but I thought I'd show off her chubbalicious thighs! Yee-haw!

Well, I caught the smile..only she turned her head darn it!
I'm getting anxious to fly to Arizona next week to find a place to live. The girls are getting so EXCITED to have 'gramma Nielson' come out to stay with them for a week. Just Emma and I are making the trip to AZ...I just figured it'd be a little easier that way. Nate is in 'cram time' for boards...so his mom is coming out to watch the girls so he doesn't lose study time. It will be nice to find a place and have that stress off my shoulders for a while.

Everything else is going well! The weather is still just trying to warm up...but the wading pools open on Saturday for the summer so we're pumped and ready to swim! (Well, at least Caitlin and Abby are!)

6 comments:

Maren said...

Wow! I love her thighs. Sydne used to have thighs, but as you've seen, she decided that she doesn't like to eat anymore. I sure do miss them. What a cute baby!

Andrea said...

Oh my! I am in LOVE with her little thunder thighs! I just want to pinch and tickle them to no end. She is beautiful! You guys make cute kids!

Sarah said...

She is so adorable! I love all her hair!

Sara said...

so fun to find your blog -- along w/ lots of other kville gals! :) it's such a great way to get to know everyone, plus keep in touch once everyone moves! it was fun holding sweet emma on sunday. i just love your girls, they are all so cute.

Amy Jenks said...

8 weeks already? She's such a sweet little girl. Isn't it great that a simple thing like a smile from a baby can completely melt away a terrible night?

Amy F said...

I'm jealous of the hair on that head! She is so cute... what's not to love? Can't believe it has been almost 2 months...