Monday, April 28, 2008

Ready for Church Mom!

Well, at least SHE was ready on time. I ended up about 20 minutes late...hopefully I'll get to church on time by the time she starts kindergarten. Emma is ONE MONTH OLD and growing like a weed, and such a sweet baby. She still has her 'naughty time' in the evenings, but she sleeps so well at night.

Caitlin and Abby are so glad that Spring is finally STARTING to come around...and they ride their bikes any chance they get.

Nate went to Washington D.C. for 3 days with some people from his school. It was for D.O. Day on the Hill...but to be completely honest I don't know exactly what they did. BUT...it was a free trip for him, and he loved hitting some fun tourist spots. I realized while he was gone that I can NOT do this '3 kid' thing on my own. One of the nights Emma screamed for 5 hours, and it was pretty rough. But he's back and all is well now.

Emma stayed the whole time at church for the 1st time yesterday. She did so good, and it was nice to stay the whole time. Our home teacher came yesterday and talked to us about finding 'Joy in the Journey', and not just looking for the end result in things. In med school, sometimes it's hard to focus on the now, and not think "When Med School is finally done...". It was a nice wake up call to remind me to enjoy the here and now....enjoy the little giggles from my girls, and enjoy the sweet moments when I pick Emma up and she falls asleep all snuggled into my neck. I've decided to make a huge effort to enjoy the 'todays' from now on. Our home teacher also read a quote (and I don't remember it exactly) but it was something like "if you focus on too many tomorrows, you'll have a lot of empty yesterdays". That hit home, because with a newborn it seems like it's all about trying to just get enough sleep and get the household chores done, etc... But I need to enjoy every little bit of every day because days slip by so fast.

Here's to today!!!

3 comments:

Rikki said...

saysh, I love what you said, I am the same way. With Noah not being able to go out, I have pretty much been wishing the winter away. But your right I need to be focusing on today and enjoying the little moments of life. I got your baby announcement. Emma is soooo cute. I love the pictures.

Cashelle said...

I was thinking about that the other day when I was looking through old pictures. I was so stressed about something or everything when the girls were little and now they're not the sweet little babies/toddlers they were. It made me a little sad. I know I say this everytime, but she is so cute. Oh, and you'll get used to doing three kids on your own. When I first started babysitting just one little boy when I had just two little girls was much harder than having 6 now. I don't know what it is about three, but it is hard. Good luck.

Amy F said...

Well said, Saysha my dear. Even the "worst" times (5 hours of screaming) don't last forever and are over quickly...