Sunday, October 21, 2007

Kansas City Marathon

Betsy, Jory, Nate, Trever & Katie.
(Those girls should NOT look that good after running!)


This past weekend we made the trip to Kansas City for Nate to run the Waddell-Reed Kansas City Marathon. We went with our friends the Wilkins, and the Bulkleys. Trever, Betsy, and Nate ran the marathon, and Katie and Jory ran the half-marathon. (Still a HUGE accomplishment!) I ran the...uh...ok...so I didn't run anything! It was such a fun trip, and everyone did great. It is a hard marathon, with a lot of hills. Nate finished in 4 hours 35 minutes (I think). They still did wonderful, and it was fun to get out of Kirksville, and see some of Kansas City! I kind-of went overboard on the pictures, so I apologize. And the only video I was able to catch was of Nate and Trever finishing. It is so fun to be at that finish line. Marathons are insanely hard, and it's so fun to cheer people on at the end!










This is what Caitlin did the whole time. She loves playing with Lucas!















This is Nate and Jory....joking around as usual.


This is the Wilkins clan. Trever, Katie, and cute little Libbs of course.


Good job to everyone! Maybe next year I'll join in too! NOT!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ha! I found your blog! Wow! I never knew we had so many dedicated runners in our midst! Looks like fun...if that's the right word. :) That's awesome that everyone did it, and Saysha, you did a seriously fantastic job as photographer, which is 100 times more important than jogging around for a little while. :)

TerriLyn said...

I found your blog too! What a fun trip to see all of those amazing friends run! David ran a marathon a few summers ago and it was so fun to be there to cheer him on. I don't think I could ever run more than 5 miles. You are the cutest! I love your blog.