Tuesday, January 18, 2011

is it still winter?

New Year's Eve we went to a friend's house and had a little par-tay with games, and a super fun wii-dance game and such. There was only one casualty, and that was when Nate got a little too into his dance moves, and gave our friend's 2-year-old a bloody nose. Yikes! We went home about 10pm, and the girls insisted I wake them up at midnight to bang pots and pans and have sparkling apple cider. So wake them up I did, only Caitlin refused to wake up. OF COURSE in the morning she was ticked at me...and didn't remember that I in fact DID try to wake her up. Ah well, you can't win them all. It was a super fun night all-in-all. Can't believe it's 2011 already!
The kids had a strange sleep night the other night. I went in to check on them before bed, and I found Caitlin in this skee-wampus position. I guess the wall needed a pillow more than she did.
Then I went into Abs and Ems room, and at first I was startled thinking Emma wasn't in her bed. Upon further investigation, I found her just all snuggled up by Abs. Crazy kids.
This is the story of Emma's cooped-up-inside-all-winter life lately. It consists of dress-ups, and sitting at my computer watching Disneyland Rides on the internet. And yes she can navigate the computer...scary! I think my 2-year-old knows more about Disneyland than most adults do. :oD
Not much else new around here. Just trying to survive this nasty cold winter weather. A little (ok a LOT) too cold, gray, and cooped-up for the likes of me. Hopefully we'll be able to visit AZ this winter and get a little respite from the cold.
Oh yeahhhhhh....and one last thing: I'm sure most of you have heard, but....
We have #4 in the oven!!!
I have been gradually feeling better as the days go on. It's amazing how you hit that 'magical' 11 week mark, and things just start working themselves out. I was just miserable every day with a combination of nausea, fatigue, severe gas pain, acid reflux, and headaches. Hopefully soon I'll be feeling completely back to normal! We're excited for a new little one at the beginning of August. Will we finally get a boy?! We'll see......

14 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! congrats!!!!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm glad you're starting to feel better...that first little bit is miserable. Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or another adorable little girl!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Tell my sweet Caitlin hello and that I miss her!

bluestocking mama said...

yay!!! congrats, guys! that's so great!!

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

Congrats!!! How wonderfully exciting! Can't wait to hear what you are having.

Amberlee said...

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you guys-- you guys have such beautiful kids--- hey maybe you'll be like Tasha and number 4 will be a boy?!

Andrea said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Another adorable little Nelson child! I don't know if the world is ready for the cute-ness. I'm so happy for you guys! What wonderful news. :)

Burton Family said...

Congrats! I hope you feel nothing but goodness the rest of your pregnancy.

Rikki said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations! Aren't you glad you get a UT. summer baby vs. an AZ. August baby? The weather there DOES have its advantages.....

Carrie Johnson said...

You're pregnant?! I can't believe you haven't told me.

Nancy K said...

Everyone's dance moves were pretty awesome!!!! So excited for your new little one on the way!

Tasha said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! I've been thinking about you alot & have been going to call you, but haven't! What a bad friend! Sorry it is still FREZZING there! It has been chilly here too, but I'm sure nothing like there! Such cute pictures of the girls I love seeing all the pictures!

Amy F said...

Hooray Saysha! So happy for you. Looks like lots of fun happening for you and your fam!

Congrats on your anniversary... the best is yet to come, right? :)