Monday, September 20, 2010

sapporo ichiban

i, like my friend andrea, have no good title for this blog post. so sapporo ichiban it is. which a friend once told me means "number one noodle" in japanese. (it's their kind of Top Ramen).

we've just been doing the usual lately. trying to enjoy these last warm days before they are all but gone for all too long. we said goodbye to my mom, as she moved to california. i'm so happy for her, but so sad for the girls! (and me). we miss her! one of the last nights she was here we made a cafe rio dinner together. it was fun and i think she's hooked now :o) this picture was in the process of cooking. and yes my haircut is too short and it makes my face look fat. and yes i was wielding a large knife in the picture. she has a spatula for her weapon, you just can't see it.

this is my mom singing to the spatulas. HA! she's going to strangle me for this picture. love you mom!!
our sweet little abs. no reason for this picture, really.
and THESE are my new pull-out cupboard shelves. let's be honest folks, why on EARTH do they build DEEP kitchen cupboards with short shelves?! you can't ever get to anything in the back. so all of your food goes to waste. of course i had complained about this cupboard a couple of times, so nate turned them into pull-out shelves. and i think he did it for about $8 a shelf. worth it? every penny. I LOVE THEM! (and i love him too of course!)
oh, did you need something in the back of the bottom shelf? lemme pull it out for you...
cute kiddos...savoring every last drop of summer weather. abs, ems, and our cute neighbor hayden.
caitlin opted out of the LARGE pool in the backyard. instead she wanted to do homework. ite.


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Your post title beats mine by a mile. :) Fun pictures! Love those pull out cupboards, and your hair is stinkin' cute!

Nancy K said...

I want cupboards like that! Smart thinking!