Sunday, September 26, 2010

recipes for good times

Recipe for a fun Farm Residency Activity:
1 part awesome residents/families
1 part ATVs
1 part horses
1 part BEAUTIFUL pasture
1 part awesome weather
1 part smores
Nate is JUST ABOUT in heaven while on this.
Brave girls-sooo surprised Abby actually rode!
Wouldn't be complete without the Smores!
And messy Smores faces.
She just looks like she belongs on a horse.
Such an animal lover this girl is.
Ok, let's be honest. I was more scared than Emma.
I, on the other hand, am NOT a horse lover.
Cute country girls.
Nate ended up being the designated driver of the ATVs for the kids who had dads on call.
(Not that he minded :o)

Recipe for a Rip-Roarin' Massive Slip'n'Slide:
4 parts AgBag (large portion)
1 part Grandpa willing to set it up
1 part tent stakes
1 part hose
1 part hill
1 part cousins
1 part great end-of-September weather!
Cousins. So nice to live close to family!
Ok, don't act like your childhood dream wasn't a slip'n'slide this massive.
I know it was. We could've charged admission for this...it was fun.
Go speed racer!
Fun. Really.
Emma didn't quite get the speed the other girls did. :o)
Sharing apples after the hard work of the slip'n'slide.
So did I try it you ask? Heck yes I did. Jean shorts and all. It really was fun. However, when you run, jump, and land on your rear to go down the slide, the impact jars your brain a little more when you're not a kid anymore. I think the kids thought I was nuts. :o) You only live once, right? (and NO this video is NOT of me jarring my brain on the slip'n'slide :o)

6 comments:

The Browns said...

Yeah, that slip 'n slide does look pretty awesome. Too bad I'm on bed rest, we would have come out. Also, I'm completely jealous of the horse ride. I LOVE horses!

The Wilkins' said...

Both activities sound/look super fun! You need to go down head-first on your stomach. That will eliminate the brain jarring :)

bluestocking mama said...

fun! we used to do those massive slip and slides growing up in UT. and good for you for trying it out :)

Lindsay said...

Ok that just hurts my knees just watching that video. Looks super fun though. Did I tell you about how we had a monsoon a month or so ago and all my neighbors were out running around in it and I had the brilliant idea of doing a head first slip and slide on my lawn right on the grass, thinking I'd go sailing and it'd be fun. Well instead it was one giant THUD and I didn't move even a centimeter and I just about killed myself and got a facefull of mud. At least everyone got a good laugh out of it.

Nancy K said...

LOVE the recipes!
I have been wanting to see the Letterman that you were on so I was glad it was on here. WOW! I am completely DAZZLED...that is so cool you were both on there! It is one of Steve's dreams.

Andrea said...

Of COURSE you did the slip 'n slide. That's just soooo Saysha. ;) What a fun residency your hubby is in. Love all the fun family activities they put on. Your girlies are adorable as usual. :)