Sunday, April 4, 2010

the happenings

Just a catch-up of a few things going on around here lately....

EMMA TURNED 2!!! And BOY does it ever fit her. She is such a sweet, funny, fireball little girl. But she can flip the switch and turn into a shrieking tantrum in a split second. I missed her Birthday when I was in Utah looking for a house...but we had a party for her and Nate the other night to make up for it. And of course she insisted on a 'monkey' party. She's obsessed with monkeys. Still.

Party girls
Nate's mom sent this card back from Utah with me for Emma. Something about it struck Emma's funny bone...she ran around the house giggling with it in her hand, then she would run back in the living room to show us all, then run away laughing again.
Happy Birthday Daddy....

I flew out to Utah for 4 days (yes...sans girls. It was so hard I cried about 10 times on the way there) to find a house. A BIG thank you to my mom for helping me, and to Nate's parents for letting us stay at Hotel Nielson the whole time. (Oh yeah...and to Nate for playing Mr. Mom fantastically! I had to re-teach Emma when I got home that I am MOMMY...she called me Daddy the whole 1st day back.)
We decided on a cute new subdivision going up in Springville. Our house will look just like this:

and this....
but right now it looks like this:
YIKES! They had better get a move-on!!!






Abs had to have a couple scopes and biopsies done due to some crazy blood test results that came back. They were barely positive for Celiac, but some other results made the G.I. doc want to scope her from the top and bottom. She was such a trooper...what a sweetheart. We find out results this week sometime.
Before.....
At home after. Still smiling of course.

And of course...HAPPY EASTER!!!

Egg decorating girlies.

Emma couldn't figure out why she had a basket of candy at breakfast time.

Such a beautiful morning!


4 comments:

Peggy Nielson said...

Love the updates! You are such a good blogger Saysh. Keep the image of sunny weather on Easter in your mind - it might not be that way here in good ole' Utah. 4 inches of snow here!

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

It is fun how we keep running into you! We are going to miss you guys.

Your house looks like it is going to be awesome. I can't wait to see it all done.

Scott and Katie said...

Saysh, I miss you! It has been way too long. Your new house in Springville looks awesome! How exciting. So sorry about Abby too-hope things are okay. We can't wait to catch up soon and hang out in the ville!

Rikki said...

Yay I'm so glad your moving back. Your new house looks so nice. How fun. The girls are super cute too.