Wednesday, April 7, 2010

bye bye "beentees"

BYE BYE TO THESE:


Did anyone else have an incredibly hard time getting rid of these for their kids? It pulled at my heartstrings, I'll tell you what. I decided the night before last that I was DONE with them. No going back. They all got 'lost' yesterday, because I didn't have the heart to tell her I was getting rid of them. She screamed in her crib for over an hour-and-a-half for her nap, when I finally just got her out and she fell asleep on my lap on the couch. Last night and tonight she has gone to sleep without a hitch though, so that's wonderful. It's hard saying goodbye to the 'baby' part of Emma. Wish she could stay a baby forever. And YES I bawled my eyes out when I threw them away in the garbage outside yesterday. Ok? Normal? Probably not. :o)

So what's next? Potty training. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Whit calls them BB's and I can't get rid of them, even though I so want to! I only let her have them at nap time and bed time but all day long she walks around saying, "bb" "bb" At one point we got rid of them and then I was driving home for Thanksgiving for 3 1/2 hours and she wouldn't stop screaming so I found her one.. Big mistake, she has been hoked ever since! As soon as Jake is home I am going to try again.. Good job to you!

The Wilkins' said...

Woohoo! Good job! I hope Emma keeps doing well. I can't believe you really threw them away - I probably would have hid them just in case. I guess no turning back now! :)

Lindsay said...

Poor thing! Way to stay strong though. She'll forget before you know it.