Monday, May 4, 2009

Cabins and Carnivals

I've been meaning to post pictures from our cabin trip but I just haven't gotten around to it....but Katie's post gave me a little umph to get these on here.

Katie and Trever invited us to her parent's cabin for a couple days last week. It was a much needed escape, and we had a lot of fun. The only downside? Of course now Nate is SET on having a cabin someday in life, and of COURSE it must entail having 'four-lillers', 'tractors', or whatever else these crazy kids call them.

We had fun fishing, 4-lilling, walking, and the girls played played PLAYED! Trever got them all nice and settled down before we left for the long drive home. Ha....but the girls loved every minute of it. ;o) Thanks for the invite guys, it really was a ton of fun!
Caitlin and Libbs touching the poor fish!
Liberty had just woken up when Trever reeled the 1st fish in...wanted to keep a safe distance. Emma went fishing too. Looks like she caught one. (or a few)
The girls and fish #1 or #2 from Trever. Did the Nielsons catch any fish you ask? That's classified...ok?
This was when I caught a 40-foot great white freshwater shark. But it got away..unfortunately.

REALLY excited about fishing?
Yeah..chick on a bike. And YES that's Katie..not me.
And she can even wail on it! Ok...so here's the thing about Katie. She has more talents than you could ever guess. Every time I'm around her I find out another musical instrument that she plays, or another thing she can do. So I shouldn't have been surprised that she rides a dirt bike...but I was. I thought it was pretty cool though...AND blog-worthy. :o)
On the 'tractor' or '4-liller' with Daddy.
This was one of the 3 million pictures Caitlin took when I didn't know she had my camera. Thought it was a cute picture of the Hadster though. No...Trever doesn't usually look that annoyed...but I think this was probably the 10th picture Caitlin took of them in that position. :oD
The guys makin' some yummy grub for breakfast.
Chow time
The early birds. C'MON girls! It's a cabin..you're supposed to sleep in!!
All 4 munchkins getting ready for the movie.
Caitlin's school had their annual carnival last week, and it was a lot of fun as well. It started at 4 and ended at 8:30...and we were there playing from 4 until 8:40pm. They had so much fun stuff for the girls to do-I was impressed...for an elem. carnival.
Look close...it's a huge bubble that they pull up and around you. Ok, so you get a little sticky. But it was only one ticket...what a deal!
Yeah, I pretty much OWN this ball bit.

3 comments:

Peggy Nielson said...

That cabin looks like something you definitely should have in the future! Bryce and I will be caretakers in the off season!! Sweet! Looks like such fun. Loved Emm's in the balls!

The Wilkins' said...

SO glad you guys came with us! That fish you caught was HUGE! We'll have to hit up the cabin again sometime soon!

Amy F said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Can't believe Caitlyn is 6. Where is the time going!