Thursday, September 4, 2008

Abby-isms

Ok, so just really quick I had to post a few things that Abby said tonight that just make me wonder how kids are so smart.

  • First of all, she was looking at the clock (and it was almost 9pm) and she said, "Oh! Mom the little hand is almost on the 9 so it's almost 9 o'clock!!!" Uh...yeah. Can't take credit for that one...where did she learn that?
  • Then she sat on the couch counting the numbers on the clock and she stopped and said, "Mom...I just can't find the 13 anywhere!"
  • Then I came into the bedroom to email and she said, "It's so sad that some of our friends moved to Michigan, I wish we could go to see them." Yeah...how does a 3 year old remember that her friends moved to Michigan? I don't know...maybe I'm just behind the times, but she seems to remember so many things that I don't even remember telling her! Craziness.

We played bball at the church like the good ole' Tuesday nights in Kirksville, and it was so nice. It makes me miss living in Kirksville so bad, but I won't go down that road.

Caitlin is still loving school, and I'm still wondering every night after she's asleep where all my time went with her. It's such a whirlwind, she gets home, takes a nap, eats dinner, we go swimming or play for a little while, baths, then bed. And that's it! I feel like sometimes I don't even know her anymore. I really need to find something that just 'her and I' do...something that's special. Any ideas?

My friend Lindsay did these pigtails on Emma (hard to see) but super cute!
Nate started his rotations on Monday (yes, in a family practice office, on Labor Day). Welcome to the life of a doc...patients don't take holidays off! He's enjoying it...probably not his favorite doc that he's ever worked with, but it's all good. HOWEVER...the doc her rotates with is in Mesa, AND he works 8-3pm. So that's nice hours for his 1st rotation! No complaints from me.

This is what happens when Daddy gives the girls a bath.
Emma is just the little joy she's always been. She's starting to wave hi, and sitting up like a champ. She's learned to throw her tummy forward and arch her back if she wants to get out of your lap, etc...so she's got an attitude already! At her appt. today they said she is in the 20th percentile for height, and 97th for weight!!! So height for weight (or vice versa?) she's TOTALLY off the charts. I love my little chubbalicious princess.

That's the latest from our end. Abs started Tap dance every Saturday, and it's so cute to watch the bunch of them trying to keep up with the teacher. OH...and my mom surprised us the other day and bought tix to come see us on Saturday! So we're all excited about that. However, it's supposed to be 110 degrees when she gets here...baptism by fire! Yeeee-hawwww!!!

4 comments:

charity said...

i am so happy for you that your mom is comming! Abby is super cute in her tap outfit. I cant wait untill Erika is old enough to do stuff. I want her to do ballett.

Serene & Damon said...

You guys have really settled in out there. Someday we all need to get out kids together (I'll bring colette, haha), as I'm sure they would all just love to play together.

The McCullough Crew said...

Hope the cleaning is going good. Basketball was fun last night, your good! That may not be a surprise to any one else but it was for me. Have fun with your mom this week-end.

Lindsay said...

Looks like your pool guy must have been out right before that picture was taken, your pool just sparkles!