Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Arizona Heat Baby!

Ok..so we don't have the internet, so I took all the pics to the library to put them on our blog..but the library computer won't recognize my USB cable...so I'll have to wait until we have the internet next week. Be prepared...once we have it I'm going to follow suit of my old roommie Annie and do a 3-week-picture history...mostly just pics, and you can use your imagination to fill in the past 3 weeks of our lives.

Soooo...here goes the short synopsis (pictureless) for now. The girls and I left Missouri the end of July and flew to Utah for a week to visit. On the way to the airport we FINALLY saw the 'Gateway to the West'..aka the St. Louis Arch. It is HUGE...holy cow. So that was fun, I'm now 100% cultured. NOT. Anyways, Utah was great. We stayed at my moms, visited my dad, Sarah gave the girls haircuts, we went to the Nielson she-bang-o in Elberta, got a short personal ballet lesson from Erica, yada yada yada. Great trip, great fun. My dad drove to AZ to pick the girls and I up at the airport, and help us move in once Nate came with the truck. Nate was behind schedule as it was, and then the 1st night he got a blown out tire on the trailer of the moving truck. But he made it to Gilbert around 3am. I had a small emotional breakdown when we got to our house with just the girls and my dad. We had no bedding, no pillows, Abby and Emma wouldn't stop screaming, and there's no carpet, it's all hardwood and tile. The floor was mopped from all the construction, but it was still dusty from the paint and such, so I didn't even want to sit on it to feed Emma. Katie and Trever came to the rescue and brought air mattresses, pack'n'play, pillows, blankets, etc. My dad ran to Wal-Mart at midnight and got mopping supplies so I could mop before they unloaded early the next morning. Wow..thank goodness for friends and family, I wouldn't have made it without!

Ok...that was wayyyyy to long for a synopsis. But I love our house, the resort ROCKS, and the weather is...yes...hot...but dry! So it's not too shabby. Pretty sweet for a move across the country. Now that we're getting settled, I'm starting to miss Kirksville so much more. The close friends, the wards, knowing if you go to the Aquatic center any time, any day, you'll run into friends...Kirksville was such a great experience.

Now on to more important things...CAITLIN STARTED KINDERGARTEN TODAY! She's such a trooper. Yes, I cried like a baby AFTER I walked out of the classroom. It's tough on mom's to let your little girls grow up and start school. But she loves her teacher, and she seems like she loves school. Hopefully it'll stay that way!

All-in-all things are going well. We miss all of you Kville friends so much already! Check back again next week for a picture post..should be fun!

9 comments:

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Yay, I'm glad you're there, safe and sound! Is Caitlyn's kindergarten year round? All day long? She doesn't seem old enough--I totally understand your bawling. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

Cashelle said...

Saysh I'm so sorry to hear about all that happened with your move. Moving with kids is hard enough without all the problems. Glad you made it through, though. Yay for Caitlyn and kindergarten. It is a little sad, but it is so fun to watch them grow and learn to read, add, subtract, etc. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Sounds like things are getting better and settled! We are headed out to California this month and we will be doing a big move like you guys! Hope it goes ok? Your girls are SO SO adorable!

Amy F said...

Oh, what an emotional first night?! Not what you pictured, huh? Glad it all got worked out and that you are all together again. How does Nate like it so far??

Oh, Caitlyn. Why do these kiddos grow so fast?? How can we be mothers of kindergarteners??

Scott and Katie said...

I'm glad to hear about everything! Poor Nate with the tire troubles! I'm glad that Katie and Trevor are close for you guys! We miss you like crazy! I can't wia to see your pictures of the house the resort etc.! Give your girls a hug from us!

Mandi said...

You made it! I think you will love it here! We sure do! Rotations here are a bit rough with all the commuting, but it's a fun place to live. If you aren't too far from us we should get some basketball going! Glad you made it here safe! The west is the best! :)

Jennifer said...

Saysha, I am hoping you remember me from Old Farm... If not, that's ok too. I just wanted to tell you congratulations on moving to the best place on earth!! You will love AZ. Yes, you will. Maybe not during the month of August, but soon, when everyone else in the world is freezing, you will love it. :)

Ok, and one more thing. CUTE family! I love the picture of you guys in your header. Your girls really are cute, cute, cute.

Ok, and just one little thing more. I must let it be known that I have secretly admired you ever since one Halloween when I saw you dressed up as an Oompa Loompa. Now that was just terrific.

Ok, now I am done.

Chloe & Memaw said...

We miss you guys so much already! We're sure Caitlin loves kindergarten by now. Chloe hopes Caitlin has a good teacher. Chloe starts school on the 20th and she is ready to see her friends and meet her teacher. Tell Abby that even Mac and Annie miss her and Caitlin coming over to Memaw's house. Give Emma a kiss and a hug from us! We are anxious to see the pictures of your new home too!

Rikki said...

I'm so glad you made it. I wish I could have seen you when you were in UTAH. Let us know when you come back we should all get together.