Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hard Goodbyes

Every day is getting harder as we are saying goodbye to people I would never have wished to live without. I have learned so much from every dear friend I have met here and spent my life with the past 2 years. Going through the medical school experience is something that one cannot understand unless you have been there. The strain it puts on a family is so real...and friends have been my saving grace. They have been through the same thing as we have these past 2 years, and we have laughed and cried together. We made it...but only with each other's shoulders to lean on. This is such a bittersweet time in my life, and I had to include this poem that my friend Katie Rynearson found...because it describes our friendships here all-too-perfectly. It's so hard...we had to move across the country with our families...away from the rest of our families and friends. We had to endure ice storms, tornado warnings, and everything else med school threw at us. We made lifelong friends, but now we are all having to go our separate ways to continue on our medical school journeys. I will love and miss every one of you that has helped us and touched our lives in Kirksville!

"On the first day of it, we talked.
But nothing deep.
We sang
We looked at each other
And little did we know.
And time passed.

On the last day of it,
We talked of life things.
We laughed and we cried.
We sang with deep meaning.
We looked at each other
And we knew.

And then it ended...
But not really."

3 comments:

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Stop making me cry Saysh! Good luck with the move and everything. We're going to miss you guys and your sweet girls! You're an amazing person and I'm so glad our lives got to cross for two years!

Sara said...

I know we're not part of the med student group, but we will miss you guys tons!!
xoxo

Mandi said...

Hey Saysha! I heard you guys are out here in Phoenix. Is that right? Where are you living? We are in east Mesa. It would be fun to see you!