Tuesday, November 10, 2009

here's to you Justin, Grandpa Murphy, Kentimus, and so many others....

what is a VETERAN?
as described by federal law, a veteran is ANY person who served for ANY length of time in ANY military service branch.

I am so grateful to live in this wonderful country, and for every single veteran.

I am so grateful for Justin, Kentimus Maximus, my Grandpa Murphy, etc... for risking their lives, sacrificing their time and energy and many other things, for our freedom. I am grateful for the many innumberable other people that sacrifice their lives and so many things for our freedom.

My patriotism has a direct line with my tear ducts for some reason. Caitlin's school had a flag raising ceremony today, where they honored the veterans in the student's families. She was so sad that she couldn't bring her uncles Justin and Kent to the ceremony...but tears filled my eyes as she and the other 1st graders stood and sang a patriotic song to honor veterans, and I knew she was honoring her Great Grandpa, and her uncles Justin and Kent.

Thank you...to all who have served, and who are serving our country every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Justin returning from Iraq
Kentimus Maximus
I don't have pics of my Grandpa in his military clothes...but this is he and I when I was 4.
My sweet Grandpa Murphy

3 comments:

Burton Family said...

Very nice post!

And by the way- you are a blogging ROCKSTAR! I love the Christmas layout! It's never too early :)

sarah said...

Hello nice post. Just stopping by found you off another blog Love you girls photos on your side bar.

Unknown said...

Saysha, It's one of those sleepless nights for me, as I pray for my son working long hours into the night. So I log onto your blog, because you always lift my spirits. Thank you for honoring our Veterans,I think of the many moms who have sleepless nights and wake up to pray for their sons in the military. I will share with your Grandpa Murphy your blog, he too will be honored this Veterans' Day. Love ya tons,Aunt Pauline