Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Caitlin!!

I can't believe Caitlin is already 6 years old! She has taught me so much the past 6 years of my life, and I am so grateful for every minute she's been a part of our family. Caitlin is so smart, yet she loves to have fun and joke around and make others happy. She is my little mother hen with Abby and Emma. For now she's Nate's only 'son' in the aspect that she loves camping, bugs, and isn't really afraid of anything.

Caitlin has been begging for a LONG time to get her ears pierced, and we decided to wait until she's 6 to allow her if she wanted too. Well...she still was dying to get it done, so I took her to the mall to get them pierced. The whole time walking to the store I would ask, "Are you nervous? Are you sure you want to get this done? It might hurt a little bit." She had NO reservations...she was on a mission.

Well...they pierced them. I don't even think she blinked! I remember bawling like a baby when I got my ears pierced when I was little. But she just looked at me like, "That was IT Mom?" Which was good for me I guess...I would've felt so bad if she was in a ton of pain.

Caitlin had a little family party with us on her birthday, and then she invited a few friends over for a party a couple days later. She had so much fun, and it is so hard to watch my little girl grow up so fast! I love you Caitlin.

After school...they spoiled her in her class.


Friends birthday party. There really is a candle on those cupcakes that she's blowing out...really there is. Somewhere.

New bike...finally!
Family bday party
Fun activity books from Mom Diggity Dawg Nielson :oP Thanks! New earrings from Grandpa!!
Before. Yeah..she doesn't look too scared does she.
She's just watching to make sure it's a completely sterile procedure.
One...two...three!!!Yup. Right after the fact. No tears. Puts my childhood years to shame!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

She is so brave. I fainted when I got my ear pierced. When I 'woke up' or whatever I was on the floor after hitting my head on the stool and the lady was calling "Code White" into the walkie talkie. Never did find out what Code White means... Probably something like "some wimpy girl can't take a little pain alert" or something.