Sunday, December 14, 2008

That Abby

Abby for some reason is our child that no matter what she's doing wrong, and how aggravating it is...it is hard to punish her with a straight face. Tonight she got hauled off to her room by Daddy for purposely following Caitlin around on her heels making annoying noises in Caitlin's ear. (After she had been asked to stop several times.) After a few minutes Nate went in there to talk to her about why she got in trouble. Hard for him to keep a straight face when he opened the door to find this:

Oh, it just makes me laugh all over again. Abby is such a hoot! One more funny thing I had to write (type) before I forgot.

This week when we went to Wal*Mart I told Abby to not forget to remind mommy we need a filter for our furnace vent. (It is on the ceiling in our hallway.) Before we left I had to open the vent and measure it to make sure I got the right one. I didn't really think much else of it (or that it possibly terrified her that I was going to open it up again later.)

On the way home the filter was tucked on the side by her seat in the van and she said,
"Don't worry mom. When we get home and you put this in...I'll stand right next to you in case you get sucked up in there."
I about bust a gut. I mean the vent hole IS pretty big...she must think because you can hear the air going in...it's got a LOT of suction. Kids are so funny.

4 comments:

Amy F said...

Sweet girl. And that smile is just to die for.

Peggy Nielson said...

Abby is such a crack up! I love the dots! Caitlin probably thought it was funny too. Love those kids.

Lindsay said...

What a goof! She cracks me up!

Andrea said...

I would seriously bust a gut (not hard for me to do at this late stage in pregnancy) if I saw my daughter like that after sending her to get punished. :) So funny! We hope you guys are doing great, and wish you a very merry Christmas