Monday, September 24, 2007

Changing Seasons

Goodbye Summer....




Although this summer in Kirksville was HOT HOT HOT, and HUMID...we thoroughly enjoyed every day of it. Visiting the wading pool or the aquatic center was an every day event, and the girls loved being in the sun. We went swimming so much, poor Caitlin ended up with Swimmers Ear for a week or so.

Welcome Fall Colors!!!

It's so hard to say goodbye to a wonderful and fun-filled summer, but we love welcoming fall! I had to cheat and put this fall picture on here. It is actually a picture taken a week or so ago in Logan canyon. (I found it on the KSL website.)

Fall is a time when I miss my real home, Utah, so much. I have always loved the fall colors, and how the plants and trees on the mountains turn so many beautiful vibrant colors. It looks like the mountains are a fall painters' palette. I love the fall evenings in Utah where you can go outside and literally not even feel the weather at all. You don't feel cold, warm, or hot. You just feel so perfect. I love taking walks in the fall and just feeling free and happy.

So I guess this is our goodbye to summer...and our welcome to the wonderful fall weather!

2 comments:

Amy F said...

Here, here about missing Utah's fall. Here in my California town, maybe only 10% of deciduous trees change colors. A high price to pay for a perpetual summer...

Cashelle said...

Saysh-
It looks like you guys had a great summer! Would you mind if I added your link to my blog? Talk to you soon!